Saturday, March 5, 2011

Portraits of past

My friend Andy just tagged me in a facebook note and as it's 3 am and I'm avoiding certain responsibilities I caved in and decided to do it. I also unearthed some old photos of me from highschool, and I now present the entire thing to you.

Here are my 15 favorite albums from September of my freshman year to June of my senior year in no particular order:


1) One King Down- Bloodlust Revenge
2) Gorilla Biscuits- Start Today
3) Converge - When Forever Comes Crashing
4) Dystopia- Human = Garbage
5) Boy Sets Fire- The Day the Sun Went Out
6) Ten Yard Fight- Back On Track
7) Floorpunch- Twin Killing
8) Minor Threat's discography
9) Indecision- Unorthodox
10) Ink And Dagger- Drive This 7" Wooden Stake Through My Philadelphia Heart
11) Morning Again- My Statement Of Life In A Dying World
12) Bloodlet- Entheogen
13) Shai Hulud- A Profound Hatred of Man
14) Ire- I Discern An Overtone Of Tragedy In Your Voice
15) 25 Ta Life- Keepin It Real

Though I have to say, 15 was a very limiting number and I left some cr00sh records out. I played Cave In's Beyond Hypothermia, Coalesce's Give Them Rope, and Hot Water Music's Finding the Rhythms almost daily. Man Is The Bastard's DIY CD was a constant in my life starting in 8th grade. And let's not even talk 7"s (save for the 2 I haaaaad to list), comps (NYHC The Way It Is!!!), or mixed tapes. Wahh! I don't like numbered lists!

And here is me when these records were the soundtrack (and main concern) of my life. Age 14 and 15.

1 comment:

  1. your list largely coincides with 17 year old me's top ten or fifteen in 1996.

    i grew out of most of that east coast chugga chugga stuff and into more of the DIY-ebullition/gravity/bloodlink records type stuff pretty fast though, as i was constantly being exposed to new bands through mixtapes.

    ReplyDelete